Privacy & Cookies
ESTABLISHED AND LAST UPDATED ON 22/05/2018
As we keep up to date with evolving technologies, this policy may change. We suggest you visit this page every so often to keep up to date with the use of any data you share with us.
If you have any questions about this policy, you can contact us by email. Details above and on our website www.hacklemoor.com
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- When using our website, online store, contacting us by email or telephone, we collect your personal details which include name, billing address, shipping address, email address and phone number in order to process your purchases or other engagements such as competition prizes. This also includes communicating through our contact form and ongoing communication by telephone, email or through social media. Any of this information you provide to us is stored through our secure online website service, Squarespace and a copy may also be stored locally on our own PC for reference when preparing shipping documents.
- In accordance with all current UK data protection laws we will collect, store and use your information lawfully.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
- We may contact you by email or telephone to provide you with updates to your orders including delays and out of stock items. We may also choose to use this communication method to follow up on after sales if we have had previous communication or we would like some feedback to your experience.
- Information we gather helps us analyse your visit to our website, which enables us to improve our website for your future visits. We use Squarespace analytics to monitor your activity including which pages you visit and IP address for geographical location. This data is analysed for the purpose of improving our business by monitoring popularity of pages and geographical trends in our market.
- Our site Cookies will allow you to return to our website and be presented with certain pages that remember your data, for example the shopping cart may hold any un-processed transactions in future visits. This information is held in small files on your computer. Cookies are not used to identify you personally.
- It is intended that by providing us with information about yourself you consent to its use for the aforementioned purposes.
- If you decide to subscribe to our mailing list, either by the page on our website or checking the box during checkout, we will take this as consent to include you on future mailing lists that will include marketing literature, promotions, offers and competition notifications. These examples are not exhaustive and may include other subjects in the future.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We take payments through our website using our secure payment providers PayPal or Stripe.
- If you choose to provide a separate billing address to the delivery address, perhaps for ordering a gift, we will also store their contact information for the purpose of processing the order for delivery and providing marketing literature with the goods shipped. Therefore by providing their data you are doing so with their consent.
- We do not store your credit card information on our website or keep your credit card details in our office - details are held securely in an encrypted format by Stripe or PayPal.
DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
- We take your privacy very seriously. We will not pass information held about you to any other organisation other than as required by law or in the prevention of fraud. If you do not want us to use your details in any way please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us and we will immediately remove your details from our files.
- We employ third-party companies to perform functions to deliver our service or goods, this involves sharing your chosen delivery address. We may also use third-party companies to analyse and advise on marketing strategies based on your information provided and collected by our analytics data. We respect this is your personal information and we ensure that their own privacy policies are in line with our expectations and commitments within this policy.
RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN
If you are not comfortable or you wish to decline the use of your personal data, as outlined in the above paragraphs, please get in touch and we will delete all information held in our secure storage: email@example.com